Saturday, January 28, 2006

My Upbringings

Hello, I'm not the best writer so I'm going to kind of free associate. I think this is the best way to get my ideas and feelings out. I will probably revise my thinking over time.

Anyway I was born Nov. 7, 1977 and I’m 28 years old. I went to a public school system where I graduated with a 2.9 GPA. Yes I just missed that 3.0. Anyway I’m not the brightest individual on the planet and this irks mean sometimes when someone is smarter than me. My IQ is around 100-120. Well after High school I went to college in 1997, where i majored in Environmental Science. I really didn’t know what i wanted to be. I chose this because my older brother did and I followed in his footsteps. However, my dad wanted me to get into engineering. I tried it for a couple of semesters but it didn’t seem to fit me well. And there are other reasons why I left engineering, but I'll talk about them later.

My parents are great, my Dad is a Engineer and my mom finds jobs here and there. Early in my life they were strict about me going out and about my schoolwork. Later on they let up, yet they worried about me all the time. I and my dad are kind of macho like. You know we show our love without hugs and kisses but by hitting on each other and wrestling around. I'm definitely a momma’s boy, I and she get along well but sometimes she can get on my nerves.

When I was in high school I had a very beautiful girlfriend. We went out for about 4 yrs but when graduated came, things went totally downhill. She moved away and things got ugly. We broke up around graduation because she gave me a choice. The choice she ask me was "Do you want me to stay or leave?" I didn’t answer because I felt like if she stayed I would be stuck with her. I was 18 and it was a tough choice and I just never answer her. She took it as "ok he doesn’t want me to stay" So she left.

Now In high school I was active in baseball and a lot of clubs. I never participated in the clubs, I just signed up so it would look good to colleges and resumes. I was an all-star baseball player, yet when I sat the bench for 2 yrs it took a huge gap from my confidence. I was never the same again, however, it doesn’t really matter that much today.

In high school, especially my JR. Sr., I was the top dog. I had all kinds of friends and I believe I was very popular. Yet I never felt comfortably in being in with the top people. They were backstabbers and really poor friend. I really stressed maximum loyalty from my friends. This was a disaster waiting to happen. Anyway, I went down to the not so popular crowd because they were real and I felt comfortable around them. They brought the best out of me. The big smile, the fact it didn’t matter if you messed up etc.. Also the best times of my life was going out with my friends a drinking and partying. It was Awesome.

I never had problems with my health, although, I jammed my verbrates when I was 12 and was in the hospital for 2 weeks. It was very tough, the pain was unbearable. Luckily, I came out of the injury in tip top shape. This experience was nothing to the one that was coming in the month of August 1997. The shadow of darkness would come in this month. I will talk about this later.

One other tragedy that happens with me was in May 31, 1995. My best friend Chris committed suicide, he was 20 (I was 16). I loved this guy so much; he was like my idol and mentor. I remember at the viewing when I saw him in the casket. I just busted out, spitting, crying. I could not believe my reaction. I put in my head that I would hold back the tears (macho man). Yet the extreme reality of the situation sent a bolt through me. It was unreal, and I’ve never felt something like that since then. It was like a unseen force knocking me down. Well I grieved for about a week and a half. And slowly but surely I was back to my normal self.

Summing up, I think high school was the best time of my life. For 18 yrs I was so happy and content. I had everything you could imagine. I had great parents, a great life, and great family. Yet, after Aug of 1997 an ominous cloud would creep in from hell. This will be my next topic.

No comments: